These are some of the general duties assigned to work exchange partners.
- Talk to people on the phone about the event to gain support and other referrals for who to invite.
- Take initiative on how to promote the event in the best possible way.
- Plan all that needs to be done to help produce the event: camping, remodeling the "Bengi Barn", food, etc..
- Answering emails and Facebook correspondence as delegated.
General Networking and Office Work
- Writing Blog posts on Wordpress.
- Helping with the NationBuilder database.
- Posting pictures and status updates on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Writing job descriptions, promo pieces, press releases, research and input data for the various people and orgs. we want to reach out to.
- Shop for Vegan Meals.
- Help prepare vegan meals.
- Help clean up after meals.
- Water plants.
- Harvest plants.
- Help carry out the permaculture plan that has been created by our designers.
- Help organize the resource yard at our other site.
- Help clean out Bengi Barn.
- Help create educational trails.
- Help with the creation of a goat sanctuary, and help them to move around the property with movable fences so they can eat the poison ivy.
- Help build hügelkultur raised beds and mulch them.
- Cut weeds/and pull the grass (we don't pull weeds--we let them grow, clip them, and then they become biomass and fertilizer.
- Help make compost tea and nourish the plants.
- Assist our head carpenter in various tasks that require more than one person.