By Trish Mikkelson, Founder, and coordinator
Thanks so much for your interest in being a part of Jesus Vegans, an aspiring ecovillage.
I am currently looking for a core group of about 4 people who want to help get this project off the ground.
If you are serious about exploring the possibilities of getting this startup going and living in Jesus Vegans community, going through this checklist is the best way to decide if you want to fill out an application.
Click on the links in the order below for the greatest efficiency.
1. Values: If you resonate with all of them great! Keep going. If not, having a conflict of values leads to endless conflicts, which are not fun for anyone. If you can see a way to connect and serve without needing to align with these values, let us know.
2. Beliefs: Working together and having differing beliefs is doable if we respect each other and don't try to force each other to change each others' beliefs. If you think that supporting these beliefs would violate your code of ethics, then it won't work for you to live here. But if you can tolerate these beliefs, or whole-heartedly subscribe, then keep going!
3. Description of the living situation: If this arrangement does not work for you, tell me your creative solutions and ideas so you can get your unique needs met. If everything else lines up, I will do our best to help you out.
4. Get to know Trish Mikkelson: Coordinator, founder, and only member. This is truly a start-up operation and if you are the very first person (or group of people) who come here, I will be the main person you will need to be able to work with closely. You might be working with Robert or Cliff. You can find their bios here. You definitely will be getting to know these wonderful souls!
5. Perks: There are so many wonderful opportunities for you to be whole in body, mind, and soul. Check them out! Everyone enters as being an intern of sorts. I am still trying to figure this out.
5. Costs: Except for a few exceptions, people need to pay for their expenses. Here is a break down of what you need to pay, and what you will receive.
6. Diet: 80% raw and similar to the Hallelujah diet.
7. A typical day: This is my creative way of giving you an idea of how wonderful it could be to live here.
7. Daily schedule: Having a regular schedule where we connect regularly with God and with each other helps us to build unity, connection, and stay organized.