- We believe in the Holy Trinity: The Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit who exist as one God now and forever as revealed in Holy Scripture.
- We believe that the earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it and that all creatures are made and loved by God.
- We believe humanity is called to exercise Godly and Biblical dominion over creation should which model Christ’s Lordship through service and the moral priority of the weak and innocent.
- We believe that, as Disciples of Christ, we have a duty, as Good Shepherds, to exercise compassion, care, mercy and, above all, love to all creatures.
- We believe in living in anticipation of God’s Kingdom Come through working towards the eradication of animal suffering.
- We believe that God so loved the world, that he sent his Son, the logos (Word), the beginning and end of all things, to take on sarx (flesh) to redeem the whole of the created order and reconcile all things to himself.
- We believe where there is any suffering in the world, there too is the suffering presence of our crucified Lord.
- We believe to abuse creation is to disregard the Creator.
These beliefs were taken from www.sarx.org.uk with permission. Sarx is a Christian Animal Welfare Organization in the UK
In addition, we believe the Apostle's Creed.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church*,
the communion of saints*,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
* For more information on what these two sentences mean, here is a helpful article: